Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quick Fulmer Cup Update

The latest Fulmer Cup update involves UGA not being on the board.  I'm sure the Athens-Clarke County PD's Scooter Outlaw and Jay Walker Prevention Divisions, which include more than 100 officers, is as shocked as you are by this news.  They've pledged to re-triple their efforts to bring justice to the lawless streets of Athens.

Speaking of cops.  I tend to lay off the children of coaches given my track record on the topic (don't ask...it involved me making a dumb joke that went over like a pregnant high jumper).  However, this one looks harmless enough.

Apparently, Florida defensive line coach Dan McCarney's daughter was arrested at a house party in Iowa and dropped the classic, " Do you know who my dad is?" (between alleged attempts to kick the cops):
Jillian McCarney told the officer she "guaranteed all her charges will be 'dropped' because her name is 'McCarney'" and they have "a lot of money," according to police.

First off, I'm shocked the Big 10 cops could handle her SEC speed to even lay a hand on her.  Second, as 81Dog told me, "If she pulled that in Georgia, she could be charged with felony obstruction of an officer (1-5 years), terroristic threats (1-5), and probably disorderly conduct (misdemeanor)." 

So...FYI to Urban's kid over at Tech...Don't go dropping "My daddy coaches the Gators" in the Peach State.

PWD






No comments:

Post a Comment