Monday, February 2, 2009

If you're getting recruiting news from me...

...then you're making a mistake. lol. I really don't "cover it" until it's a done deal because others are much better at it. However, we are entering the home stretch right now. In my incredibly unreliable opinion based on reading tea leaves, we'll close with Greg Reid and Orson Charles, and I give us a 50-50 shot with Marlon Brown. As for the others:
  • Starling (S) - I'll believe we pull a kid out of Lincoln High School in Tallahassee when I see it. The Noles OWN that school.
  • Geathers (DT) - Their family has been unpredictable with all three boys. It's pretty obvious at this point that no one has any idea what they'll do. In fact, it's not clear that we'll still have scholarship openings for Geathers when he makes his decision about a week after signing day. We could get him, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • Jarvis Jones (LB) - It seems like we've been in second place for his entire recruitment. Why would that change now? I don't see it, but I'd be thrilled to be wrong.
Closing with Charles, Brown and Reid would be our strongest finish in many years.

If you're not that into recruiting (and if so...you likely don't read college football blogs), Mark Weiszer has some position change and injury updates on his blog.

See Also:
-- Richt saving Knowshon's jersey for Reid - AJC
-- Drama builds for Reid - DawgPost
-- Brown's visit to UT went well - VolQuest

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment