Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dawgs Topple the Gators

Earlier in the week, I suggested that "Georgia's players need a locker room brawl, a night with the girls from the ice capades, trust falls, or something to bust this slump." Turns out what they really needed was a pep talk from Coach Richt and Terrence Woodbury eating an entire box of Wheaties.

Georgia played with passion, protected the basketball reasonably well, and turned quality looks at the basket into points. The Gators probably took UGA lightly on the defensive end, but there is very little in the box score that shows the Gators offense struggling. Georgia beat Donovan & Company despite UF only turning the ball over five times and shooting the ball 42% from the three point line.

A Confession:
I'm sad to say I didn't attend this one. Judging by the attendance on TV, not many of you reading this are in a position to throw stones at me. It's the first time in years that I missed an SEC home game in which I didn't have a legit conflict. And I'll have to live with that. On the bright side, it was the first time I had seen Stegeman on my HDTV. The court area shows great in HD.

I'm proud of the team for playing hard and representing UGA with dignity. They needed a game like this.

See Also:
-- Richt provides inspiration - ABH
-- Dogs end 11 game losing streak - AJC
-- No Love for Gators - DawgPost
-- News and Notes - Hale

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment