Saturday, September 12, 2009

Victory

There was enough for everyone to crow about and enough for everyone to complain.  A few notes before I head off to bed:
  • Logan Gray - Who is this guy?  Does he exist?  I heard he "could" start and then he gets to call a fair catch and hand off once to Carlton Thomas.  I'm convinced the Grayhound is like the Loch Ness monster, except that I've seen better evidence that Nessy lives.  Same for the freshmen receivers, Yeti and Swamp Ape.
  • Stephen Garcia Loves Zone Defense - I'm not sure if Garcia completed a pass that was thrown more than ten yards beyond the line of scrimmage.  He scooted around and took the underneath routes for a slow water torture of five to seven yard gains all night.  Just my thought, but I think we weren't counting on Garcia's mobility and decision making.  The D-line would crash the pocket, but Garcia would just squirt out of there and dump off another little short pass for a gain.  The pressure seemed to work against us.  Ryan Mallett, as I understand it, is like a log standing on its end.  If we get the same type of pressure next week, I think we get a bunch of sacks.  Welcome back, Justin Houston.
  • Reshad Jones, Trampled by Zebras Again - For the second week in a row, I'm confused by a Reshad Jones personal foul.  What exactly did he do to deserve a 15 yard flag on that sideline tackle?  Bump Cocky? 
  • Branden Smith, Fast and Unwavering - It appears that any time Smith touches the ball, he is steadfastly attempting to break the sound barrier on the way to the end zone.  This works well if you are getting a reverse or fielding a short kick.  It ends in disaster if you receive the ball five yards deep in the end zone.  Smith has a brilliant future ahead of him, but unless Brandon Boykin is hurt, I'd rather not see Branden on kickoff returns for a while.  If he is in there when the ball is kicked into the end zone, Chapas should tackle him.
  • I Thought They Brought Their Own - Good to see that the Georgia State Patrol doesn't change allegiances no matter what their duties require. (ht - Red Stripe Dawg)

 We'll have some analysis tomorrow.

Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment