Monday, September 14, 2009

SEC Power Poll Ballot

 
The data is still fluid and the conference pecking order has yet to emerge.  Here are my continued guesses:
  1. Florida - Everybody is waiting to see Urb and the Gators utterly crush Kiffy and I wouldn't mind that result.  The most interesting thing about Saturday's game to me is watching Monte scheme against the spread.  Does the old man have some brilliant insight?
  2. Alabama - Bama struggled at times, but the numbers were still respectable at the end.  
  3. Ole Miss - Not sure if Southeastern Louisiana will put up much more of a fight than the open week did.
  4. LSU - The Tigers seem to be trying to figure it all out.  I continue to think they have talent and good coaching, but they look like a team groping around in the dark. 
  5. Georgia - The Dawgs rebounded well, but they are shaky.  Richt needs to stabilize things because Petrino has been eyeing this weekend's game since December.
  6. Auburn - I have a feeling that Gus Malzahn is going to make Auburn look very good all year.  They've played decent competition, but not a high end defense.  I haven't bought them yet, but I'm inching up to the check out line.
  7. Arkansas - Saturday is the biggest game of the Petrino era. 
  8. South Carolina - Gave up too many big plays Saturday, but can be encouraged by Garcia's progress. 
  9. Kentucky
  10. Vanderbilt
  11. Tennessee - Now that's the Crompton I remember. 
  12. Mississippi State - Mullen got some points again. but the Aubs tore up the State defense.  I think they have a shot in Nashville this weekend.
Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment