Friday, July 17, 2009

Loran Smith injured in car crash

Larry Munson: "WhaddyaGotLoran?"
Loran Smith: "Well, I'm upside down in a French cornfield. The corn has attempted to surrender to me, and I'm sore as hell. But I'm indestructible so I'm fine. Back to you Larry."

Loran was injured in a car crash in France, but he's recovering nicely at home. The only thing that shocked me about this story is that Bobby Knight, Salman Rushdie or John McCain wasn't in the car as I've been told that Loran's list of friends and fishing / golfing buddies is pretty eclectic.

Best Loran / Larry exchange ever:
    Larry: "WhaddyaGotLoran?"
    Loran: "Well, I'm on the sidelines here with Charles Grant. Charles, you're from South Georgia. You like Boiled Peanuts don't you?"
    Charles: "Yeah."
    Loran: "Well, back to you Larry."
    Larry: (Pause) "Third and Six...."
Any funny Loran Smith stories you want to share? Feel free.

PWD

(BTW -- Everyone remembers the Charles Grant story different. All versions are funny as hell if you do the voice right followed by Munson's reaction)

No comments:

Post a Comment