Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Atlanta Bulldog Club Meeting Last Night

The Bulldog meeting at the Cobb Galleria last night was fun, but a bit subdued. Then again, after the 2000 preseason meeting where Donnan issued his "Guarandamntee," they're all mild by comparison. The sooner the event returns to Colony Square the better. The crowds there were larger and a damn site better looking.

The AJC and ABH have reviews of the meeting up. One tidbit that was left out of all the recaps was Richt's description of the new Butts-Mehre renovation vs. the perceived need for an indoor practice facility. He talked about the new meeting rooms, training rooms and walk-through areas, and he explained why he and Damon elected to make this investment vs. an indoor practice facility.

I won't go into the answer because it's too long to type, but I'll say this. I loved it. It was straight out of my hymn book. Long and short of it...we don't need it right now because we'd only use 5+ days per year. I think a tear rolled down my cheek when he got finished explaining the prioritization.

Anyway...I promised a stats driven article for last night. It turns out that I have way more stats around penalties to do just one article. It needs more time to make the point come across more simply. In other words, my dog ate my stats post.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment