Monday, June 8, 2009

A Special Thank You

I'd like to take a moment to thank the Southern Miss Baseball team, the Washington Huskies Softball team and Billy Madison The Musical for defeating the Gators over the past several days.

I noticed that the Huskies won on a neutral field in Oklahoma City which is much closer to Gainesville than Seattle. It's also much hotter in Oklahoma than Seattle, but they were unfazed. Additionally, Southern Miss won in Gainesville which is inside the State of Florida. And Billy Madison kept Tim Tebow from winning a Tony Award last night for his performance in "The Speech" despite an enormous media push by CBS, Fox and ESPN to support Tebow's nomination.

It's been a productive couple of years for the Gators. It's always nice to see them lose. Especially to those that didn't complain about location of the contest.

PWD


Update 1: Talk about a random typo. I got Billy Elliot and Billy Madison mixed up. 100 cocktails to EmotionalFescue for his comment on that.

Update 2: In fairness to Coach Richt, his new soundbite is that he doesn't care where the game is played. It would be unfair to not link that that; although, I think what he really means is "stop asking me about this because the fans complaining about my comments is pissing me off." To that I respond...."Good. Get pissed off. The sooner the team gets pissed off the better. They play dramatically better pissed off anyway."

Lastly, I meant for the original post to be so absurd and sarcastic that people would chuckle at it. I mean...I did make attempt a Tony Awards vs. Tim Tebow comparison. You'd think that would've been pretty obvious that I wasn't serious. Lighten up folks. It's going to be a long off season.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment