Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are You Experienced?

David Hale gets all charts and graphy in today's post about the returning experience in the SEC. Phil Steele would be proud of him; although, I'm sure the Man of Steele would suggest a smaller font size and removing the excessive white space.

One of his best points relates to examining offensive stats without recognizing the changes in offensive line. His point being the offensive line at UGA should improve enough to support an overall increase in production at UGA. While a team like Ole Miss may miss a beat without bruisers like Michael Oher securing Snead in a snuggly, womb-like cocoon of safety.

It's good reading. And while I'm on the topic of returning starters, I have to say I agree with a comment Buck Belue made a few weeks ago about Joe Cox. He's not Matthew Stafford, but right now I'd take him as the third best returning QB in the SEC. Most years....that's good enough.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment