Tuesday, September 6, 2011

South Carolina's Season

I don't know about you, but I completely missed the Gamecocks being down by 17-0 early to East Carolina.  I know they ended up winning fairly big, but they did allow 37 points to the Pirates. Arrrgh!

What went well for South Carolina?  Well, they came back, for one.  For two, they generated turnovers that turned into TDs.  Three of them in the first five minutes of the second half that turned a 10 point ECU led into an 11 point deficit that only got wider.  Lattimore, Shaw and Garcia all ran the ball well.  Jeffrey had 92 of South Carolina's 131 receiving yards.  Lattimore had 33 more.

What didn't go well? They had four fumbles.  The passing game is lost outside of Jeffrey and Lattimore's receiving.  The passing game didn't stretch the field.  They had no sacks against a team that threw the ball 56 times.  They only hurried the QB 5 times.

A couple of thoughts I'll expand on later:
  • If...IF we find a way to stop the underneath pass play, we'll be good.
  • If we turn the ball over, we are toast.
  • The passing D for Usc isn't spectacular.  Pressure isn't their thing.  There is room to exploit that.  Shotgun formation draw plays is not what I have in mind when I type that.
Any things about their game stand out that I missed?

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment