Monday, March 8, 2010

UGA QB Zach McLovin Arrested



As you likely know by now, Zach Mettenberger (age 18) was arrested in Remerton, Georgia on multiple misdemeanor charges including (per the AJC):
  • Underage consumption/possession of alcohol
  • disorderly conduct
  • obstruction
  • two counts of having fake identification
I'll start by saying that I really don't think this is a big deal. The kid got pinched for drinking on Spring Break. So what? It's a one or two game suspension. The only person he screwed in this deal is himself because it makes it dramatically more difficult for him to win the starting job. In terms of a risk point for UGA...it shouldn't matter much unless Murray gets hurt.

My issues are more with the police report. I mean seriously...who parties in Remerton, Georgia? You're less than 3 hours from the Beach during Spring Break where you can get away with anything short of murder, and you stop for a party in Remerton? That's like driving to Vegas but stopping to gamble in Bullhead City, Nevada. Or going to Carnival in Rio and stopping for beers with Amazonian villagers in a remote hut.

3 hours from freedom. And don't give me that "You're just an elitist Atlanta guy crapping on South Georgia." I've lived in Valdosta, and I sure as hell wouldn't party there OR Remerton.

As for the two fake ids? Come on Zach. That's amateur hour crap. What do you need a second fake ID for?
"Oh, you don't think I look like Admiral McLovin? Maybe, you'll be more comfortable if I were Mohammad Sadar."
Good grief.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment