Monday, December 22, 2008

Hoops: UGA Lost to Texas A&M Corpus Christi tonight


And no. I'm not joking. The Bulldogs lost to TAMU C.C. 80-79 in overtime. We lost after the other guys hit a 3 pointer from near half court to beat the buzzer.

This is the second giant bowl of disaster for the team this year. Georgia started the Preseason NIT with a loss to Loyola-Chicago. It's one thing to lose to peer institutions. It's another to lose to hyphenated schools.

In Georgia's defense, Terrence Woodbury didn't play due to injury. Although, it shouldn't have mattered. What went wrong? I'm waiting on the autopsy from friends who saw it in person, but if I were guessing...I'd start with 25 turnovers.

Texas A&M Corpus Christi is now 6-6. Against Div I teams (of which there are 344), they are 3-6. They lost to Savannah State last week. Last year, they were 9-20.

Georgia gets UNC A&T on Sunday, and they play Kennesaw on New Years Eve.

PWD

(Image: Fail Gallery)

No comments:

Post a Comment