Friday, August 19, 2011

Two Weeks Out: How do you feel?

Ok, so we've had a couple of injuries, but beyond a stress fracture, nothing too serious.  We've had a brouhaha about unis.  We've learned that my kid is a likely agent's runner, or at best, is likely to be a mule for unscrupulous memorabilia sales folks.  We've learned there is a possible new mantra for this season.

How do I feel?

Honestly, I am still rating the Dawgs a hold.  I want to, make that desperately want to, believe the changes in approach that are becoming a bit more evident will be the difference between the past few year's non-sense and winning the way we did in the early part of the decade.  I also want to believe someone will step up out of the receiving corps, the offensive line will remember that they are as good as they were before last season, we have a decent running attack, play calling will leverage advantages, defensive schemes won't break down, we cover wheel routes and QB delay keepers, and all the kickoffs will be out the back of the end zone.

The only thing I feel confident happening regularly, at least right now, is the kickoff thing.

How do you feel?

TD

No comments:

Post a Comment