Monday, January 25, 2010

Hoops: Albert Jackson on the UT Win



After the big win over UT, Albert Jackson shared his thoughts with the media. David Ching of the ABH used his blog to carry the length of those comments. My favorite portion:
"That feels amazing to knock off two big-time teams. It’s a credit to the change in the program and I’m just glad my senior year I get to be a part of that change. It’s not known as the Georgia program of old – people getting in trouble, people getting kicked off. It’s Georgia basketball – they play hard, they play tough, they follow rules, they look clean-cut, they’re grown. It really feels good being a senior and have seen the worst to the best...

In a year’s time, everybody calls this year a rebuilding year for us and coach Fox. I personally, I don’t believe in rebuilding years. I feel like we can go as far as we want to go. With all the losses we have, I still feel like we can go as far as we want to go. I’m just excited about the next game coming up and the games after that, because I can just see my team and my teammates growing."
He also talked about the importance of the big crowd. Nick Parker of the Red and Black also wrote about the crowd's influence on the outcome of the game. Parker's article is good, but you should click on it mostly for the outrageously good picture of Travis Leslie's break away dunk. Travis Leslie is the Mayor of Posterville.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment