Friday, October 8, 2010

The Rave Is Over

From this morning's Athens Banner-Herald:
"Student representative Trey Sinyard told the board that the timing of some commercials being shown on the Sanford Stadium videoboard during the game result in 'killing the atmosphere.'

McGarity said after the meeting that Georgia is 'taking a hard look,' at some of the presentations, including 'canned music.'

'I’m pretty much a traditionalist, a conservative,' McGarity said. 'If the bands there, I want to hear the band playing. I think our fans do too.'"
Thanks you, Jesus.  When I went to Starkville, I was unsure how the State athletic administration managed to turn Davis-Wade into a dance party, complete with techno music before every kick off.  Look, if I wanted to go to a dance club with blaring techno music, I'd buy Hawks tickets.

Good luck, Greg McGarity.  Let the band play.

Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment