Friday, September 10, 2010

Weather for Saturday

This Saturday marks my 20th consecutive game between Georgia and South Carolina attended in person. To no one's surprise, the forecast for Saturday is the same as it is every single time we play them in The Newark of the South.

Tarzan hot.



The various forecasts have the game time temperature pegged for 85-90 degrees at kickoff and rising through the game topping at 90-95 degrees with oppressive humidity. On the bright side, you'll lose a few pounds of sweat. So you'll exit either drunker or thinner due to the lost tonnage.

The two hottest games I've ever attended were at Alabama (2002) and at Clemson (2003). After that I'd wager that the next 5 hottest games I've attended were all in Columbia, and I've attended well over 200 home and away games in person.

Nobody enjoys playing in that kind of heat, but it does favor the deeper team which is clearly the Bulldogs. Overall, my prediction for Saturday is pretty simple. If the Net Turnover margin is -2 or better in our favor, I think we win. If we waltz into the Chicken Coop and turn it over 4-5 times like we did in 2000 and 1996, we're going to lose.

We're more talented. Period. And the only way we're losing on Saturday is to blow ourselves up.

What are the hottest games you've attended in person?

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment