Thursday, April 8, 2010

YMCA Mentality out the door?

Jon Fabris' disdain for a meritocracy, his passion for slow walk-ons, and his ignorance of geometry and rudimentary physical science were things that I (and many of you) found truly maddening about our kickoff strategy over the past few seasons.

As I said last year:
It doesn't take a physics major to know that back-up fullbacks, long snappers, and walk-on safeties aren't as fast as Brandon James or Trindon Holliday. And third team QBs, while fast, aren't ideally suited for violent collisions, either.
David Hale pointed out this morning that all of that finally may be coming to an end. (Ht - Blutarsky)

Like I mentioned the other day in the comments section, I haven't been writing about spring this year because I've found it to be staggeringly boring, and mostly a rehash of prior year soundbytes. However, this actually sounds like something more than just lip service. It's very encouraging to me.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment