Wednesday, October 21, 2009

UGA vs. Colorado 2010 Hotel Info


Image by Jim Hipple

One of the things we try and do here at the Georgia Sports Blog is help out with road game travel plans when we can. With that in mind, I wanted to let you know that many Boulder Hotels for the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs vs. Colorado Buffaloes game are now open for booking.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010 according to the UGA Media Guide. Here's a sampling of some of the hotel rates I've found along with distance from the stadium per Google Maps: (UPDATE: All the prices have changed. Call the hotels)
    Boulder Marriott - $239/night
    2660 Canyon Boulevard
    15 minute walk to stadium (Per Google Maps)
    Originally listed at $189. Price jumped a few days later.

    Courtyard Boulder - $99/night
    4710 Pearl East Circle
    2.3 miles from stadium
    Exceptional value at that price.

    Residence Inn Boulder - $139/night
    3030 Center Green Drive
    2.5 miles from stadium

    Homewood Suites - $107-139/night
    4950 Baseline Rd.
    2.5 miles from stadium
    Rate varies based on pre-payment as well as # of occupants.

    Holiday Inn Express Boulder - $135-149/night
    4777 North Broadway
    4.9 miles from Stadium
    Rate varies

    Quality Inn & Suites Boulder Creek - No Rate
    2020 Arapahoe Ave.
    15 minute walk to stadium.
    Appears booked (or they haven't opened reservations yet)
There are other places that are fairly close, but I gave you recommendations (except for the Quality Inn) for the types of places I stay when I'm on the road with the Dawgs.

I travel a lot for work, and I don't like staying in 2 star hotels. If you want to stay at the Best Western or Ramada Inn in a college town, you're more than welcome. But I'm not. There's actually a Best Western very close to campus, but I didn't research it. I typically stay at a Hampton Inn for personal travel. In fact, there is a Hampton Inn in Boulder for about $110, but it's located about 6+ miles away so I didn't bother to link given the other properties nearby.

This trip, I'm staying at the Boulder Marriott because I love walking to the stadium for road games. The trip to Tempe spoiled me in regards to walking to the game. I only listed the Google Map distances from the stadium. A search from whatever bar district (if any) they have would likely also be useful, but I didn't check into that. The rates were based on my best efforts as of Monday, Oct. 19.

The team hotel is unlikely to be in Boulder. They usually stay further out than that, but I didn't bother checking.

As for air travel, I'm going to wait until the NFL announces the 2010 Football Schedule before booking anything. I wouldn't mind sticking around Sunday and watching Knowshon and Champ play if the Broncos have a home game that weekend.

Hope that helps.

See Also:
-- UGA vs. Colorado: Tale of the Tape - From 2006 (GSB)

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment