Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"I'm going to go out there and play my heart out."

The story of the day yesterday involved the players being asked about the timeouts at the end of the game last year from Coach Meyer. Of all the player responses, I appreciated A.J. Green's the most:

A.J. Green wasn't around for the 2007 game, but the even-keeled wide receiver seethes about the 2008 timeouts.

"That's motivation for me," he said. "That's a sign of disrespect. So I'm going to go out there and play my heart out."

At the end of the day, that's all I expect. I expect that when I lug my ass down to every game home and away to support the team. When I spend a tremendous percentage of my net income on the Dawgs and invest my time that the team is going to show up and plays their heart out for 60 minutes. When I don't see that, it sends me off the deep end.

I hope the team is pissed, and I hope they play like it.

If Georgia is focused and plays to their talent level for 60 minutes, there's now way that the 16 point spread holds up. This weekend is a formidable task for the Dawgs. They need to act like they belong on that field with the Gators and play to their ability. If it takes feeling slighted by the timeouts to make that happen, good.

Separately -- Tommy Tuberville on ESPNU picked Georgia to win this game. He thinks the Dawgs are rested, and UF is a beat up mess offensively (paraphrase).

See Also:
-- Tickets: World's Largest Cocktail Party

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment