Friday, August 14, 2009

South Carolina loses starting DT for UGA game

The State is reporting that Gamecock defensive tackle Ladi Ajiboye will miss the first three games of the season for South Carolina due to a suspension following an arrest on possession of weed charges. They play the Georgia Bulldogs in Week 2. Ladi found the bright side:

If there was a silver lining to his situation, Ajiboye said his inactivity while suspended for spring practice caused him to lose 25 pounds from last season's playing weight of 300. "I feel like that worked out for the better because I feel like I'm in better shape because I lost so much fat," Ajiboye said. "I was pretty fat, I'm not going to lie. It wasn't all muscle."

Now, I've never been an SEC caliber athlete, but I do know a little something about "inactivity" as I most certainly subscribed to the chiseled "Body by Playstation" look. As an expert, I can tell you that inactivity doesn't cause one to lose weight. I'm also not a drug user, but I would suggest that cutting down on the weed may have been a factor in the weight loss big fella.

Ajiboye had started 22 games over the past two years for the Chickens. This will only help as Georgia works to establish ownership of the line of scrimmage in this game.

See Also:
-- Tickets: South Carolina Gamecocks at Georgia

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment