Monday, August 10, 2009

Oklahoma State a 6 point favorite over UGA


If we get this from our DEs, we win (Image: Hipple)

I don't endorse any betting site, and I usually don't bet on sports. Hell, I'd be an addict if I gambled online so I don't bother with it; however, I do catch a few lines of interest. A couple jumped off the page to me in Week 1 starting with Georgia's trip to Stillwater.

DannySheridan.com has the Dawgs at a 6 point road underdog with an over/under of 62.5 points from one of his sports book partner sites. As I understand it, that means the bookies are thinking that Georgia will lose this game roughly 34 to 28. If I'm wrong about that, let me know.

I'll grant you that the Dawgs have some defensive question marks, but 34 points? Get serious. Here's how the Cowboys faired against ranked opposition last year:
Missouri -- 28
Texas -- 24
Texas Tech -- 20
Oklahoma -- 41
Oregon -- 31

Only Texas had a defense that allowed fewer points than Georgia's unit last year. OU surrendered a ton of points, but they also scored 61. To say that Ok State had plenty of possessions against the Sooners would be an under statement.

By my back of the napkin math, Mark Richt is 7-1 at Georgia as a road underdog. If that's not right, it's really close. Not saying to mortgage your house. Just saying.

Other interesting lines include BYU as a 22 to 25 underdog to Oklahoma in Dallas. Andre Ware has already picked BYU in this one to wit Brent Musburger laughed and told him, "You can call me collect after that one." Nice.

In the SEC, Bama is a 6 point favorite to Virginia Tech. Call me crazy, but I like Virginia Tech straight up in that one. The points look like a gift.

Back to the Ok State game, I think the Dawgs win if we keep the Pokes under 24. I said a few weeks ago that I think the game comes down to our defensive ends ability to manufacture a pass rush. This is a feeling that's not lost on Georgia's DEs. Tim Tucker talked with the Demarcus Dobbs and Rob Battle about that situation in tonight's AJC.

See Also:
-- Marcus Washington getting work at DE - ABH
-- Tickets: Georgia Bulldogs at Oklahoma State

PWD

* All info provided for entertainment purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment