Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boomer Sooner

I won't kid you.  I hope the Gators lose by 200 points tonight.  As Quinton posted earlier...the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

SEC fans keep saying that the Sooners haven't seen a defense like the Gators.  That's true, but I can assure the Gator defense has seen nothing like the Sooner offense.  The best offense the Gators saw all season was Georgia's....seriously.  The three best quarterbacks they saw all season were Matthew Stafford, John Parker Wilson and Jevan Snead.  That's not exactly McCoy, Harrell, Robinson and Daniels in terms of depth. 

The Gator defense has only seen two offensive lines anywhere near the OU group, and that was LSU and Alabama. LSU's offensive line was handicapped by having an imbecile freshman at QB. Bama's line -- aside from Andre Smith -- simply isn't as good as Oklahoma's group.

If I'm Sam Bradford, I give the Gators a steady diet of crossing patterns at various depths. This isn't a defense that you beat with bubble screens and draw plays.  They are going to need to attack them down the field and over the middle.  Leverage that big boy tight end to create mismatches.  They'll need the pass to set up the run.

I like the Sooners tonight, but what do I know.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment