Thursday, December 9, 2010

My honest take on Urban Meyer's Departure

As I said on Twitter yesterday, I"m having a lot of trouble getting excited about Meyer's departure from Florida. My reasoning is pretty simple. Florida isn't Georgia's biggest obstacle to success right now.

Georgia's biggest obstacle to success at this point is Georgia. We absolutely must get our own house in order, or we won't take advantage of Meyer's departure. I still believe now as I did last off season, that our problems are:
    1. Sense of Urgency
    2. Lack of a Meritocracy - Which I would extend to the hiring process
    3. Personnel Utilization Issues
I'm glad Meyer's gone because he's an excellent coach, but I'm more interested in what Mark Richt and Greg McGarity are doing in Athens than what Jeremy Foley is doing in Gainesville.

PWD

No comments:

Post a Comment